Tuesday, December 5, 2017

The day I found out I'm Preggo!

When we got married, both my husband and I decided not to bear a child just yet. Maybe after a year or two, when we are more settled with things. Lets enjoy first the Co. of each other, travel as a couple, find better jobs so we will be financially, emotionally and mentally ready. What I realized is nothing can ever prepare for the coming of a child.

Jan 07 2016, in the middle of our Philippine vacation, I was to attend a friend's bridal shower. She's also on vacation only for her wedding so I in no way can not possibly miss it. We were scheduled for a mountain adventure to Mt. Pinatubo that day where a Spa Resort situated somewhere up in the mountain is waiting to spoil us. It would be my first time to experience Mt. Pinatubo, I heard we will be doing a mud spa which I think is so cool! The other bridesmaids are my best friends too and they too came from other sides of the world.. Paris, Singapore, the bride herself is from US so it would be like a HS reunion for us. We have not seen each other for like 5-8yrs. So I was really excited. We all were. But for some reason, the very morning of that day, I had an "urge". Suddenly I wanted to take a pregnancy test. I counted if  I missed my period and as tense as I already was, I did missed and was actually delayed for like 4days already. I ask my husband to buy a pregnancy test right away. I don't think I'm pregnant (more like my mind wanted to think I'm not pregnant) but I wanted to make sure mainly because I'm about to go on a mountain trip that day and I don't ever want to risk! Talk about woman's instinct huh.

Took the test and wallah... Two stripes! I saw it unfold right in front of my eyes! From having the 1st stripe going to the 2nd blurry one until it became both very visibly. OMG! I'm pregnant! Shocked. Surprised. Tensed. I showed it to my husband who is waiting just outside the toilet. Carlo buntis ako. oh and the look on his face! He literally said "Yessssss!!" Cause this was the moment he's been waiting for. He was so happy!

I made a text message to my friend that I had an emergency. I cannot go anymore. I'm sorry. Have fun girls. I'm gonna miss you guys. Honestly, I was a bit upset for not being able to go with them but as upset as I may be, there is no way in my mind and in my heart I will risk my baby (at this moment the thought of having a baby was surreal) to any threat of miscarrying.

I was just blown-away by the fact that of all the days, she made me known of her existence the day I'm about to head up of what could be a rough thing to do for a pregnant woman. That "urge" is my little one telling me "Mommy.. I'm here. I'm holding on." Its like she really wanted to live and just the thought of that melted the whole of my being.

No comments:

Angels and Devils

Depression and Anxiety are so much these days.. I mean we hear famous people lost battles in Depression...  and this takes me down memory la...