Sunday, December 17, 2017

How I re-met my Husband

A long time back, during one of my Phil vacations, mom came to me and she was with this 40sh-old woman who turned out to be a wife of a relative. Mom said held out your hand and let her read it. So what's this.. is she manghuhula or something? I'm not a superstitious person and not a fan of hula but my mom insisted. Wala naman daw mawawala. So okay I obliged. I held out my hand to her and then ask "so what do you see?" She said that I'm a happy person that all I want is happiness around me and all my goals were for my parents. We'll that's so true. But that is what everybody is like right? Anyhow, I continue. I then ask a funny question.. makakapag-asawa pa po ba ako? "Oo naman. yan oh. Kilala mo na nga kung sino." (she also said we'll have 3children together) right then and there I made a list of who could possibly the person be and I have few candidates in mind. A childhood crush, a friend, etc.. but really there is no way I could have ended up with any of these people.

I think I was on my slightly late-20s when I started to worry about life. Ever since I work abroad I have not been in a relationship. It is so different when you are in your home country rather than being overseas. Different in a sense that the chances to meet someone is limited. Sometimes I ask God that if ever, I prefer someone who is from my past. Meaning someone I know already. Could be a former classmate or workmate or a childhood playmate. Because just the thought of introducing yourself to a stranger and putting your best foot forward exhaust me already.

13March2013, I got a random fb message from someone.. "Hi save. Kamusta ka na?" It was Carlo. and you know if an opposite sex randomly sends you a message either you get creep out or you get intrigued. With him it was the latter. I thought huh buti ng-message ito? before hitting up the reply button I checked his profile first. There wasn't much actually. Mostly were tagged photos from his colleagues. He's wearing braces, clean-cut, fair-complexion, he looks neat. In one of his tagged photos amidst a group of wacky faces he remains the only one smiling. Ah di sya makasat. liked! looks mahiyain. liked! Doesn't post much. liked! He's employed. Checked! He's a person from my childhood. We were schoolmates. Batchmates. Same age. I know him. He knows me. We came from the same place literally from the same Brgy.! In short aba pwede! Pwedeng pwede!

From the very 1st message he sent, there was this instant kilig and for some unexplainable reason the kilig was overflowing! Suddenly fireworks and rainbows and butterflies in my stomach came pouring over me. Overflowing. I told myself that this is it. He is the one. I cannot explain it but it felt that way right away. Maybe because we are from the same place? and we were batchmates? I'm not sure. But what I clearly remember is that I have never felt for someone as strongly as what I have felt for him. I have never felt more secure for myself to someone and I was feeling this way already whilst not yet meeting him in person.

Coincidentally, two months after we first exchange messages I was set for my annual vacation. But it was not only me coming home it means judgment day for both of us. Are we going to click? Are we going to feel the same way when we finally see each other in person? So the day has come. It was the most nerve-wracking day of my life. The dogs started to bark signaling someone they aren't familiar with was out there. My heart was pounding so fast that I can almost hear it. My two young nieces (shey&ishen) didn't help much. They came out and came back running at me telling me "mommy save ang pogiiiiii! ang puti nya! lumabas ka na!" I came out of the house and opened the door and there I saw him standing under the rays of the sun holding a bouquet of white flowers smiling. 1st thought? yay ang gwapo! 🙈  I ask him to come in and when I saw him upclose I, out of nowhere blurted out "bakit ang gwapo mo?" hahaha I really wanted to play it cool but I guess it was too late. He spent the rest of the day at our house. Then the next day. Then the next.

One story he shared, when we were little, he saw me once at the H.E. of our Elementary School with my square short hair, with a headband and thought I look cute! (although I move to a different school, I still go to his school because that's where mom works. In fact, my mom was his grade1 and grade2 teacher). As he recalled, from then on he always looks forward seeing me in the school ground. So when his sis-in-law ask him, two decades later, if she can introduce him to someone, her name is save. I reckon his answer was Yes :) That's where the random "kamusta ka na" message came from.

I always say this to people who ask on how we met, that our love story is so simple. There was no drama. Its like God-given. It was like a gift that the Lord wrapped long time ago and was given to us because it was the right time. I think when we met we are in the perfect place and in the perfect time in our lives. Everyone approves. Everything felt right.

Soon After, December that same year. I find myself in the airport waiting for him to arrive. It was another nerve-wracking day for both of us. I know it was not only him that was coming but a future together. We are nervous but we are ready. When he arrived, we knew, another chapter of our lives have unfolded anew.

Our 1st ever picture together :)


No comments:

Angels and Devils

Depression and Anxiety are so much these days.. I mean we hear famous people lost battles in Depression...  and this takes me down memory la...